LAPtek was established in 1998 to meet the needs of students and people interested in learning about vehicle repairs/service and the automotive industry. Since then, LAPtek has expanded its portfolio to include Building and Construction, Systems Engineering, Microelectronics and Design Creativity and Technology.
The company centres on desktop publishing and the production of student workbooks for TAFE, schools, colleges and the automotive and building industry.
We aim to provide student workbooks that:
- Teaches a student to think, not what to think.
- Engages the student in both practical and theoretical tasks.
- Is in context to the topic being covered.
- Provides the student with the opportunity to become an independent learner.
- Are self-paced or teacher centred, or a combination of both.
The workbooks require a minimal number of references and resources, this reduces the cost of delivering the course.
The workbooks are designed for students use only and will become a valuable resource to them for referencing at a later date.